- Cyber Physical Systems, Integration of Computing, Control and Communication,
- Applied Computing, System Modeling and Control, Robotics, Man-Machine Interfaces.
Teaching Schedule (Fall 2014)
- Elaborazione di segnali e immagini - SEGNALI, Mon 9.30-11.30 (Aula B), Tue 16:30-18:30 (Aula C), Thu 8.30-10.30 (Aula B)
- Sistemi - SISTEMI DINAMICI, Tue 10:30-12:30 (Aula I), Wed 8:30-10:30 (Aula I)
Paolo Fiorini, received the Laurea degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Padova, (Italy), the MSEE from the University of California at Irvine (USA), and the Ph.D. in ME from UCLA (USA). From 1985 to 2000, he was with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, where he worked on autonomous and teleoperated systems for space experiments and exploration. In 2001 returned to Italy at the School of Science of the University of Verona (Italy) where is a Full Professor of Computer Science. His research focuses on teleoperation for surgery, space, service and exploration robotics, with particular emphasis on the theoretical and practical problems of high safety applications, such as space and surgical robots. In 2001 he founded the ALTAIR robotics laboratory, which has been awarded several EU and Italian grants, including projects on robotic surgery, such as Accurobas, Safros, Isur, and Eurosurge. In 2009, he founded the company Surgica Robotica for the development of a new generation of surgical robots. The company has developed three robot prototypes and has received the CE certification of its robot for abdominal surgery. He is an IEEE Fellow (2009).
- Repele, L., Muradore, R., Quaglia, D., Fiorini, P., Improving Performance of Networked Control Systems by Using Adaptive Buffering, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. Vol. 61, N. 9, September 2014, pp. 4847-4856.
- Maarja Kruusmaa, Paolo Fiorini, William Megill, Massimo de Vittorio, FILOSE: a svenning robot. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, 2014.
- Andrea Calanca, Riccardo Muradore and Paolo Fiorini. Adaptive Human-Robot Interaction Control. Robotica, Special Issue on rehabilitation Robotics, 2014.
- O. Akanyeti, L. D. Chambers, J. Jezov, J. Brown, R. Venturelli, M. Kruusmaa,W. M. Megill, P. Fiorini Self-motion effects on hydrodynamic pressure sensing. Part I: forward backward motion, Bioinsp. Biomim.
- Smania, N and Gandolfi,MandMarconi, V and Calanca, Andrea and Geroin, C and Piazza, S and Bonetti, P and Fiorini, P and Cosentino, A and Capelli, C and Conte, D and Bendinelli, M and Munari, D and Ianes, P and Fiaschi, A and Picelli, A Applicability of a new robotic walking aid in a patient with cerebral palsy, European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol. 48, N.1, pp. 47-53, 2012.
- A. Calanca, S. Piazza, P. Fiorini. A motor learning oriented, compliant and mobile Gait Orthosis. Journal of Applied Bionics and Biomechanics, IOS Press ISSN 1176-2322 (Print), 1754-2103 (Online), Vol. 9, N. 1, pp. 15-27, 01/18/2012.
- R. Venturelli, O. Akanyeti, F. Visentin, J. Jesov, L. Chambers, G. Toming, J. Brown, M. Kruusmaa,W. M. Megill and P. Fiorini Hydrodynamic pressure sensing with an artificial lateral line in steady and unsteady flows, Bioinspiration and Biomimetics, Vol 7, N. 3, (2012) 036004, doi:10.1088/1748-3182/7/3/036004.
- Quaglia D., Muradore R., Bragantini R., Fiorini P., SystemC/Matlab co-simulation tool for networked control systems, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, vol. 23, pp.71-86, 2012.
- Michele Scandola, Lorenzo Grespan,Marco Vicentini, Paolo Fiorini, Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Hysterectomy vs Traditional Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: Five Metaanalyses, The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Volume 18, Issue 6 , Pages 705-715, November 2011
- Emanuel Slawinski, Vicente A. Mut, Paolo Fiorini, and Lucio R. Salinas, Quantitative Absolute Transparency for Bilateral Teleoperation of Mobile Robots, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and CyberneticsPart A: Systems and Humans,
- Riccardo Muradore, Davide Bresolin, Luca Geretti, Paolo Fiorini and Tiziano Villa, Formal Verification of Plans for Robotic Surgery, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, September 2011
- Riccardo Muradore and Paolo Fiorini, A PLS-Based Statistical Approach for Fault Detection and Isolation of Robotic Manipulators, Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on , vol.59, no.8, pp.3167-3175, Aug. 2012, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2011.2167110